- Project: Technical Assistance and Training for the use of democratic management instruments. Contract H .TINAMIT
- Contracting Authority : European Commission
- Location : Guatemala
- Period: 2007-2009
The Project foresees the following objectives:
to contribute to consolidation of participative democracy according to the Reform and state Decentralization.
To extend and apply the use of participative management tools and procedures as well as the creation of dialogue spaces for development planning and local democratic participation.
a. Assistance in drawing strategies and suitable mechanisms of civil participation to local public life
b. Technical Assistance to Civil Society in extension services concerning previous national and international experiences on social audit and participative budgeting in municipal and inter-municipal management.
c. Support to participative initiatives.
1. Identification and extension of conceptual and technical tools in drawing municipal strategies of civil participation to municipals and inter-municipal activities
2. Elaboration of strategies, extension and technical assistance
3. Assistance to social audit (audit committees) for municipals and intermunicipals budgets, democratic management of local governments
4. Inter.-changing of knowledge with other previous positive experiences
5. Training courses in social audit and other related services
6. Monitoring, self-monitoring, systematization of experiences